Friday, March 20

Darn Those Women!

Remember when you were a little kid looking adoringly up into the faces of the college students & wondering when you were going to grow up & be so cool? Well, I'm 31 and in general I like who I've become. But every once in awhile I find myself awash with a longing to be a 'real' grown up. It's you Bloggers that kill me. I used to feel this about scrapbookers - where do they find the time, money, energy, creativity?!?!? - but then I tried scrapbooking and realized I hated it, so the feelings of inadequecy went away based on my new discovery that I don't scrapbook because I hate instead of not scrapbooking because I suck. Yeah, even I think that sounds like the little kid who finds an irrational love of hanging out with the girls at recess because he always gets out first when the boys play dodgeball.

So I've 'matured' beyond scrapbooking. But here I sit with a blog. I LOVE reading my friends' blogs - I love that I can keep up with them, I miss hearing their 'voices' and the blog is like spending time with them, I marvel at their wit - and the stinkin thing is, that I journal all the time & this blogging thing should be a breeze for me! Heck, I love being on the computer & last I checked (a good 10 years ago now) I type 90+ words a minute. I'm also intensely verbose and full of emotion - aren't these the perfect storm of criteria for a good blogger? Yet mine sits neglected while I pine away reading my talent friends' thoughts day after day!

Well, inferiority be damned - I blogged today! haHA!

4 comments:

  1. Hey! And I checked it! I didn't even know you HAD a blog. And if you continue with these clever-type of posts, you may just have a blog AUDIENCE. If you know we're waiting, does that help get you motivated?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just found you! can i add you to my blog list? you are such a great writer, ang... let it shine! i hope to read more of your words. the entry about you and jason was really great. i love the line that stability is not the same as being stuck. very good stuff indeed. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome back to the blogsphere, i always intend to blog, but then usually just pick up the phone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree. Scrapbookers are intimidating! =) Glad to see you here!

    ReplyDelete