Wednesday, November 12

So I had this day...

Today was a Wednesday. It's a low-maintenance sort of a day. The kind of day where I usually block out a few hours in the morning to work on the weekly Nutshell for New Life. The kind of day that I book appointments in because it's typically low key & sort of quiet. The kind of day that I might be able to tear my eyes away from the immediate & get a grip on the 'coming'. The kind of day where I sometimes forget that if I put TOO many things on a low-maintenance Wednesday, that it becomes the most chaotic day one might imagine and loses the very nature of a Wednesday. Today was that day.

One of the things I love about my job is that it holds a tiny bit of everything - it uses the utmost my anal nature has to offer, it taxes my creativity, it stretches my management skills, it utilizes my routine-creating brain, it draws on my people skills, it develops my heart for the lost, etc...I am NEVER bored. But there are those days when my job requires ALL of those things at one time. Those are the days where I leave the campus & wonder what I accomplished and what sort of mess I might be returning to in the morning.

I'm learning to handle these days with more dignity & finesse - they used to make me lose my character and all my friends. But I'm taking things more in stride - so much so that it was 3:30 today before I realized I hadn't yet had a chance to pee and somehow had missed my 10:30 snack alarm AND my noon lunch alarm. At 4 I realized my Crystal Light powder was caked to the bottom of my water bottle because I'd poured it in there (somewhere around 11:30, I thnk) with the intention of refilling the water & instead couldn't get a break to get TO the water dispenser. The kind of day that you have a line of at least 2 people waiting on you 65% of the time. The kind of day where the church gets its money's worth out of me.

These sorts of days come probably 4-5 times per month (yes, I realize that means that sometimes it's more than once a week) & I can't tell you what a relief it is to not feel like the day after these kinds of days is going to be filled with apology emails & phone calls :) Hooray for maturation & development!

I'm not quite to the place where I end these days with anything but massive prayers for a miracle to happen tomorrow that erases the back-log I created today & keeps the pattern from repeating tomorrow... :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey there! I tagged you on my blog, so you have to go and read, and then write your own "My Favorite Things" post! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ang, thanks for tea-pot support, step one is admitting I have a problem... LOL

    Anywayz, I tagged you so check out my blog, and post away

    YOUR_IT

    ReplyDelete